Canadian Criminal Record Checks
It’s more likely that you’ll be asked to provide a Canadian criminal record check now more than ever. With increased concern about criminal backgrounds in many areas of society in Canada, a police criminal record check is far more common than it used to be.
You can get a local police records check, like an Ontario criminal record check, from your local or provincial police detachment.
However, the most comprehensive checks are RCMP Criminal Record Reports, including a certified nation-wide criminal record review, either directly from the RCMP or through a criminal record check service, like Pardon Applications of Canada.
How Do I Get a Criminal Record Check?
You may need a record check in any or all of the following situations:
- Child adoptions – as adoptive parents, your adoption agency and/or local and international laws may require a criminal record report.
- Travel – To obtain the required visas, U.S. waivers and to cross the border
- Getting a job – Many federal, provincial and municipal government departments and agencies, including boards of education, more and more private companies and any police force require a criminal record check
- Volunteer Work – Even if you want to give your time, you may be asked to provide a criminal record report. This is especially the case if you work with children, seniors or other vulnerable adults.
- Applications to immigrate to Canada or Citizenship Applications
- To Change Your Name – To ensure issues with your current background are not overlooked during a name change
- Residency in Other Countries – Foreign authorities need to know the background of those that they allow to live and work in their country
Regardless of why you need a criminal record check, using the right procedures will make sure you get it without undue delay. You will need the following:
- Complete Fingerprints – which you can get either from a police service or an accredited RCMP fingerprinting service, like Pardon Applications of Canada
- The Reason You Need a Record Check – Including any of those listed above
- Personal Information – Including: your full legal name; date of birth; sex; mailing address; phone and/or fax number, and/or email address
Your Worry-Free Criminal Record Check Service
Get your certified criminal record report quickly and easy with Pardon Applications of Canada’s record check service. As an RCMP accredited fingerprint service, PAC eliminates the guesswork and ensures your record report application is processed properly and promptly.
And you get so much more with PAC versus local police criminal record checks:
- Certified nationwide RCMP criminal record review
- See the same record the police see
- Get a detailed email report on your Pardon or Waiver application
- Use your fingerprints for your Pardon or Waiver application
Get started today. Call Pardon Applications of Canada at 1-866-383-9744 or Contact Us.
Or use our free online service to see if you qualify in a matter of seconds!